The responsibility of the Internal Audit Unit is to monitor resource utilization and assure internal control systems of the resources
The functions of the unit are:
1. Systematic examination of financial and stores records and transactions conducted by the Board to ensure effective operation of internal control systems,
2. Verification of accuracy and authenticity of the accounts to ensure that laid down systems and procedures are being followed,
3. Monitoring utilization of Government resources to ensure that the resources are managed with due regard to economy, effectiveness, efficiency and in conformity with laid down laws, regulations and instructions,
4. Evaluating the effectiveness of risk management and
5. Production of audit reports on findings and recommendations for submission to management.