The 11th Southern Africa Association for Education Assessment (SAAEA) Conference
The Malawi National Examination Board (MANEB) will be hosting the 11th annual conference of the Southern Africa Association for Education Assessment (SAAEA) at Nkopola Lodge in Mangochi, Malawi from 17th July to 19th July 2017.
“Promoting Excellence in Assessment for Quality Education”
1. Assessment Strategies that Promote Excellence in Teaching and Learning
2. Strategies for Addressing Test Administration Challenges in Examinations
3. Innovations in Assessment Practices and their Implications in Improving Quality of Examinations
4. Factors Associated with Political, Social and Economic Policies in the Management and Administration of Public Examinations
5. Best practices for developing examinations
6. Grading systems in examinations
Call for Abstracts:
MANEB invites academics, assessment specialists, educators, teacher educators, teachers, students, scholars, curriculum developers, school inspectors, researchers and anybody interested and involved in assessment to participate by submitting abstracts of papers to be presented at the conference.
The abstracts, which should be written in Microsoft Word, 12 point, 1.5 spacing, Times New Roman, should reach MANEB by 25th February, 2017. Each abstract should be approximately 250 words and should give an overview of the content of the paper.
Submission of Papers
The authors of submitted abstracts will be notified no later than 25th March, 2017 of the status of their abstracts. Such authors will then be expected to submit full papers as e-mail attachment by 29th April 2017. More details regarding submission of full papers are to follow at a later stage.
Deadline for submission of Abstracts: 25th February, 2017
Notification of acceptance of Abstracts: 25th March, 2017
Deadline for submission of papers: 25th April, 2017
Deadline for submission of power point presentations: 10th June, 2017
For general enquiries please contact the 2017 SAAEA Conference Desk:
Mr. C R M Kananji
Cell: 265999260 035 / 26501525 212