Welcome to the Department of Security!
The Department provides security services to the Board
- To secure Board's property and lives
- Vetting of Certificates for the following levels:-
- Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE) Examination
- Junior Certificate of Education (JCE) Examination
- Primary School Leaving Certificate of Education (PSLCE) Examination
- Primary Teachers Certificate of Education (PTCE) Examination
- Malawi Craft Certificate Examinations
- To inspect and recommend for approval institutions that qualify to be examination centres.
Procedure which institutions should follow in order to become Examination CentresThe institution must:
- Apply to The Executive Director, Malawi National Examinations Board, P.O. Box 191, Zomba.
- Send a copy of application for centre inspection to the District Education Manager's (DEM's)Office.
- Have a Ministry of Education Registration Certificate.
- Possess a storage room with strong lockable metal cabinet (s) and burglar bars on windows.
- Have a double locking system with a motice lock and night latch.
- Possess adequate number of desks for every candidate.
- Have examination documents such as; Syllabus, copy of Board's regulations on administration of examinations.
- Have durable infrastructure built of burnt bricks and strong roof made of iron sheets. The infrastructure should have a shape of a school.
- Have enough qualified teachers.
- Pay Examination Centre Inspection Fees of K10,000.00 per level of Examination in advance to MANEB's Malawi National Bank Account No 0141035019501 - Zomba Branch.
- Send the deposit slip together with the Ministry of Education Registration Certificate to MANEB, P.O. Box 191, Zomba or fax the documents to